Image Map

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Findings! Brichbox, Hunger Games, and Friday the 13!

   Yay for Friday! Yay for the Cardinals home opener! Boooooooo for rain! :( I am sitting here at work day dreaming about being at Busch Stadium. Even in all of the rain. I am really day dreaming about watching David Freese play. Hmmm...


Oh, hello Mr. Freese.
(See what I mean?) :)

   Anywho, on to the Friday Findings. The first one? Birchbox!! What is Birchbox you ask? It's like Christmas once a month. True story. For a measly $10 a month you get a box of samples that I have heard are pretty decent sized. Check it all out here! I cannot wait to get my first box! I am so sad that I got the e-mail telling me I can sign up on the 12 when the boxes go out on the 10th. Booo! Anyways, they have a wait list going right now but I signed up for it less then a month ago and they have already sent me the e-mail to sign up. I will have to let you know how it goes with my first box.


 Next, The Hunger Games. Ok yes, I did not just find this today or this week. I know, I know, it has been around for awhile now. And yes I did see the movie. But no I have not read the books yet and I just started last night. So addicting! I cannot even believe I have not read them yet! What the heck was I thinking?! Anyways, I feel as if I should just stop writing right now and continue reading. But I am not going to, I will provide you with some another finding. But I do highly recommend this book. I can guarantee you I will have it done in the next 2 days at the most. Yay!


My last finding for today, because as stated above I need to continue reading, is 13 interesting facts about Friday the 13th or just the number 13 since today is Friday the 13 obviously. Well just 12 facts, because 13 is an unlucky number. :)

1. There are 3 Friday the 13ths this year. And they are all exactly 13 weeks apart. Freakkyyyy
2. Paraskavedkatriaphobia (pronounced pair-uh-SKEV-vee-day-CAT-tree-uh-FOE-bee-uh) is the fear of Friday the 13. Some people are so afraid that they won't go to work, drive a car, or even get out of bed. (Sounds like a good idea to me, why didn't I think of having this fear?)
3. Because of the fear stated above, the U.S. economy loses an estimated 900 million dollars every Friday the 13th.
4. In Paris, people are so superstitious about the number 13 that some places don't let parties of 13 be seated. They either have to order a 14th place to be set or they can hire a person who's job it is to be a professional 14th guest. (Um hello, dream job yes?)
5. Some places believe that the number 13 is lucky such as China and Egypt.
6. If you would like to get a tattoo of the number 13 on Friday the 13 most places will only charge you $13. (A $13 tattoo? I'll take it!)
7. Often times places leave out the 13th room, or on elevators there is no 13th button (Tricky, tricky people)
8. In Florence, Italy there is no house numbered 13, they are numbered 12 and a half.
9. Killers Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Theodore Bundy and Jack the Ripper each have 13 letters in their names. (Coincidence? I think not)
10. Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13
11. Months that have a Friday the 13 begin with a Sunday
12. President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would also never host 13 guests at a meal

And there you have it folks, Friday Findings has now been completed. Seriously though, check out the Birchbox. Oh, and read the Hunger Games. And if you really need to, stay inside all day since it is Friday the 13 but while you are doing that watch the Cardinals game. I hear they are this amazing team from St. Louis who like might have won the World Series last year. :)


No comments: