Image Map

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Marshmallows, eggs, and puppies. Oh my!

  Last night I got into the Easter spirit! First Alex came over and brought his dog Remi with him. My sister has a little yorkie poo, Percy, who is about 5 pounds. Remi is probably 20 pounds. But yet as soon as Remi walked into the door Percy went into Cujo mode and tried attacking Remi, who just let him go and at times tried provoking him. Now my dog Tatum, being the perfect little dog he is, tried protecting Remi. So then a fight would break out between Tatum and Percy. After awhile everything calmed down and Tatum eventually became tired like he always does and just decided he was going to help me dye eggs. :)


Making sure Tatum doesn't attack Percy who was trying to get Remi.
Getting Percy and Remi used to each other.

   After things calmed down between the crazy dogs we got to making the marshmallow pops! They turned out so yummy! Alex and my sister Amy helped while my friend Adam just sat and watched and told us what to do. 

What I used:
Pink Sprinkles
Yellow Sprinkles
Rainbow Sprinkles
Regular sized marshmallows
Crushed up graham crackers
Dipping chocolate

Adam and Alex getting ready to dip!
The sprinkles and graham crackers

The chocolate

They thought they were cool

Our marshmallows!

Our mess :)

Alex's awesome marshmallow pop!
All done :)
The favorites were the graham cracker ones. 
The boys made one that was dipped in sprinkles then chocolate then sprinkles again and then chocolate again and ... you get the idea. Anyways, I didn't get a picture but they thoroughly enjoyed doing it.

   Next we dyed Easter eggs. Wait, let me rephrase that. I dyed Easter eggs. Everyone else just watched. Oh well, their loss. :)


Tatum decided he wanted to help :) He had sparkles all over him after we were done.


Monster eggs. :)

Sparkles!!
I just used a glue stick and then rolled the egg around in a bowl of glitter.


   Ok, so I didn't get as creative as I would have liked. But this is pretty creative for me. It was fun getting into the Easter spirit. How did you dye your eggs? Happy Easter!!

Thanks for reading!


No comments: