Image Map

Thursday, October 17, 2013

21 in 21 has now come to a close

My birthday is less than a week away! Eeekkk! I love birthdays. Not that you wouldn't know that from multiple posts about them. It really doesn't matter who's birthday it is, I think it is always a reason to celebrate. I mean you just made it through another year, what's not to celebrate right? Anyways, last year I wrote a posts called 21 in 21 for my 21st birthday. So now I am going to update you on whether or not I completed all the 21 tasks I had in mind (Spoiler alert: I didn't).

Number 1 was to celebrate my birthday with everyone I love. And I did just that. My family and I and a few friends went to a bar called Fast Eddies (you can't get in unless you're 21) and it was a lot of fun. Well, except for the Cardinals losing. And me being on crutches because I am a big baby and had a broken pinky toe .. but that's besides the point. I also did not get that drunk that night. But don't you worry, I made up for it the weekend after that. And the weekend after that. And probably the next 13 weekends after that as well...


Number two was go on a road trip. And I did plenty of those in the past year. From going to Chicago/near there multiple times, to Ohio, Florida, Indiana, and Missouri, I would say I spent many minutes in the car in the past year. It was wonderful.


Number three was be on the Dean's List both semesters. Well uh... that didn't happen. Either semester. So, there's that...
Thanks JLaw..

Number four was fly somewhere. And that did not get accomplished either. I did drive all the way to Florida. Well Nick drove, I slept. But we could have potentially taken a plane if we weren't broke college students .. so does that kind of count?

Once again, thank you JLaw..

Number five was go to a concert. And I did that plenty of times. I went to Dierks Bently, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, FGL, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, and even though it's not in the 21 in 21, I will be attending Queen Bey's concert in December.

Number six was get back to my high school weight. I also accomplished this one. I have now lost 30 pounds in the past 14 months. I have no secret to how I did it either. I didn't work out, I'm way too lazy for that. I just realized I was eating way to much junk and drinking way too much soda. So I started to only drink water and I cut back on how much I was eating (it was a lot, I'm not kidding). And so now I am actually smaller than I was in high school and it's the greatest feeling ever. Sometimes I still feel like I need to lose more weight, but I think that's just the fear in me that I will gain it all back and I never want to get to that again. I eat fast food occasionally now, but it isn't all the time and I keep my proportions a lot smaller than they use to be. My next goal is to actually start going to the gym and since there is now one not even 2 minutes away from my house I don't really have an excuse not to go. So hopefully by this time next year going to the gym will be in my regular routine. I have almost every picture of me from before I lost weight hidden on Facebook, so I can't believe I'm showing this to you guys. I'm just showing one from back then so I guess that helps my anxiety. And let me point something out, I know I wasn't "huge" but I didn't feel good about myself what so ever and I knew I needed to change something if I was ever going to be anywhere near confident in my own skin.

The first two pictures are taken exactly a year apart and the third picture was taken last week.. they aren't the best to compare each other to but they're something

Number seven was to celebrate "Drinksgiving" with my friends. And that did not happen... I'm beginning to feel like I didn't accomplish anything this past year... That's a lie. I did a lot actually.

Number eight was pass the teachers test. I never even took it. I actually went back to Mass Communications as my major. It was a hard decision, but now I think it was really for the best.

Number nine was to get to 100 GFC followers. I actually surpassed 200, so that was awesome!

Number ten was to get my third and fourth tattoos. Which I did! I don't have a picture of my fourth one, but I do have a picture of my third one! I have so many plans for so many more tattoos but I don't have so much money that I can just spend it on tattoos ... I now have rent and bills and grown up stuff like that...

Number eleven was to cure my addiction to social media. I think it just got worse actually, considering now I'm a social media intern at school....

Number twelve was go to the zoo and see the new sea lion exhibit. And I did! Nick and I had actually planned on going to the art museum for a class project I had and they were closed that day and since the zoo is right across the street I was able to convince him to go. He thinks that was my plan all along and that I knew the museum was closed but I promise I didn't!




Number thirteen was take multiple trips to Chicago, and as you could see up on number two, I did that. Multiple times. As shown here and here as well.

Number fourteen was to learn how to french braid. It didn't happen... imagine that

Number fifteen was to go to at least two states I've never been to. Andddd that didn't happen either. I'm still dreaming nightly about going to Wilmington, North Carolina...

Number sixteen was to start eating healthy. That didn't happen either. Kind of. I stopped eating so much fast food and soda as you read earlier, but I didn't start eating cleanly completely.. it's too hard

Number seventeen was to start paying off my student loans ... again, didn't happen

Number eighteen was to go camping ... this list is starting to depress me now..

Number nineteen was to volunteer somewhere .. I suck as a human being..

Number twenty was to have a paint fight ... if my friends would have agreed then this would have happened but they didn't so there's that...

Number 21 was to keep my relationships I had at the time the same way they were. I have the important people from a year ago still in my life and I have met and made new friendships that I cherish since then. I wouldn't trade the people in my life right now for anything, and that's a fact.

So I didn't accomplish everything that I had wanted to but I do think that this past year has been one of the best I have ever had. I have become closer to some people and I have met people that I couldn't imagine life without. I have done a lot over the past year and I have had some of the best times of my life. I cannot wait to see what 22 has in store for me. And you better believe "22" will be played all day.
post signature

No comments: