Image Map

Monday, April 22, 2013

Why are life decisions so hard?

I hate decisions
Any type of decision
Like what to get at a restaurant
Those decisions are so tricky
Seriously though, they should give you like 4 choices and that is it
Not menus bigger than my head with hundreds of choices on each page
 So I am currently ending my junior year of college
Or what I see it as, three years of being lectured at
Which I hate
And in those three years I have changed my major once
I started out in Mass Communications
After two years I decided that wasn't for me
Then I did a year of elementary education
Now I have decided I don't think that's for me either
So after being in school for three years
I still don't know what I want to do
Which causes a problem
Because I hate being in school
But every time I change my mind I set myself farther back
So, do I continue down the road of elementary education?
Or do I find something else I want to do and see if that works for me
Why can't I just get told what to do?
So how am I suppose to make this huge life decision if I can't even decide what to eat
I have no idea what I'm going to do
I guess it's a good thing the semester is almost over
And three months might seem like a lot of time to figure it out
But I haven't even been able to figure it out in three years
I mean, maybe I can just stay in school for the rest of my life
I'll never have to pay back student loans
Or go to a big girl job
But then I'll never have money
Or a life
Because who wants to hang out with someone who's been in school for 40 years?
I also need to stop worrying about what everyone else thinks
Because right now I am trying to base what I do on what others say
And I know that's not how it should be
I should be making this decision only for myself
Not anyone else
But that's what I do, I like to please others before I make myself happy
Sometimes that's a good thing
But right now, not so much
So as of right now I am stuck having no idea what I want in life
And at 21 I feel as if I should know these things
I am so glad this semester is almost over
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend
Update on mine tomorrow
Since I know you love getting those updates

post signature

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I totally empathize with this! At 21, I am changing my major too, and I need to tell my parents still!

Sonya said...

I know this is a decision only you can make but I want to add something...as a person in education, if you are not absolutely positive you want to teach, don't go for that degree. There are so many demands on a teacher today that I'm not sure how the ones in the classroom do it. Just my advice from the profession. It's not that it isn't a good one, but if you're not sure, I'd get something general with what you have and you can always go back for education if you change your mind.

Rachel Droste said...

Atleast you will have a summer break to think about it. I have faith in you and know you will figure it out! Maybe if not just take a semester off or something. Also, maybe meet with an advisor and go over all of the different careers they offer at siue and maybe one will sound really really interesting to you. :) I know how you feel though i can never decide what i want to eat either lol. Making decisions does suck!! But you will get it all figured out. Don't worry yourself to death! love youuuu<3