Image Map

Friday, March 29, 2013

St. Patrick's Day and Snow Days

Okay I know it's been awhile since St. Patrick's Day
But I haven't had a chance to post about my adventures on that day
My boyfriend and I went up to Chicago to stay with my cousins to experience the green river
Oh, and partake in some green beer drinking
Which I did not
Because all the beer they drank was gross
So I stuck to my cranberry and vodka
We started at 8 am on Saturday and ended at 2:30 am on Sunday
We did take a 2 hour nap during that time
It was suppose to be a 30 min nap but that did not happen
We drank a lot of alcohol and ate some Chicago style pizza .. even though I dislike pizza .. a lot
The Big Ten tournament was also going on, so naturally the boys wanted a picture
We woke up to mimosas and breakfast being made by my cousin at 8 am
We were out the door by 9 and on our way to our first of many bars
There we each had one drink and went to meet my uncle at another bar
My uncle and I both had a cranberry and vodka at the next bar
Mine was dark red, his was pretty much clear...
Then we went to eat at the pizza place Giordanos (I don't think I spelled that right)
And then went home for our 30 min turned into a 2 hour nap
At 6 we were back out on the streets doing some more bar hoping
And that lasted until 2:30 am 
We ended up at a karokee bar with my uncle and his co-workers
They are all over 50
This bar had no one over the age of probably 25 in it..
It was a sight
I successfully woke up without a hangover on Sunday
 I was pretty proud of myself

Then the other day we got a lot of snow
And by a lot I mean 16.5 inches
Which never happens here
My school even called in a snow day
The top two right pictures are Ethan in the dog kennel and dog bed
He thinks he is a dog or something...
Who knows with that child
But I promise we do not lock him in there for fun
Then the bottom left picture is my boyfriend being sick
And me being an awesome girlfriend taking care of him

Oh and I've been super busy with school and life and I promise after this semester is over (less than a month) I will be the blogger I know I can be :)

post signature

2 comments:

jandoline26 said...

I joined your blog through the Two Thirds Hazel give away and i'm loving it! I went through a good handful of your posts and love them! My husband LOVES the cardinals so through marriage, i do too! I was def a Berkman girl! Are you from STL? or just going to school there? I look forward to more posts from you. have a good weekend!
-Jan

Meghan said...

I bet the green river was a sight to see!