Image Map

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring in Illinois

I have decided that I am going to have four houses in four different areas of the world for the four different seasons that take place. I haven't decided where I'm going to be for winter, fall, or summer but I have decided where I'm going to be in the spring. And for some odd reason, Illinois has won that decision. Weird, I know. One season Illinois won't win? Winter. For sure.

Anyways, this week on campus we have something going on called Spring Fest. It's been going on forever because when I told my mom it was happening her response was "Oh, I use to love that!" So yeah, here for a long time. I don't know how long this whole "ice cream in a canoe" thing has been going on but it's some big deal I guess. I don't usually participate in things like this on campus but I had to be out there for work this year so I got some lovely pictures so you all could experience this ice cream filled canoe as well. You're welcome. 

Yes, that's like a billion gallons of strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream sitting in a canoe. It is then topped with bananas and strawberries and I think cherries. And yes, I had some. Because it's ice cream. And free.

Moving on. 

My mom, aunt, grandma, sister and cousins came to a park next to campus to hang out because it is a beautiful day. And my cousin's 30th birthday. Having little family picnics are fun because I am a 4 year old at heart and love playing on the play ground. I tried getting Ethan to do multiple different things but all he wanted to do was climb everything. Because Spiderman, duh. It was also Reese's first time at the park. And she enjoyed it. Actually, she enjoyed the dirt. And the little ant hills. Also, I would just like you all to know I almostttttt just spelled ant aunt so there's that.
And one more reason I want to live here in the spring but refuse to be here in like the fall/winter. 
These baby geese are adorableeee. For now. In a few months they won't be. They'll look like that nasty thing next to them. And then their poop will get every where. And they'll get mean. And I won't like them anymore. But for now, I'll consider them a frienmy.
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Spring isn't so bad in IL and I don't mind fall either. Fall was the only season I really missed when I lived in Florida. My ideal winter locale? The equator where it will be warm:)