Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dyed Deviled Eggs

My mom is on Pinterest more than any one I know. So when she saw the dyed deviled eggs on there, obviously she had to do it. And then on Easter morning, after 7:30 a.m. church, when my sister (who was suppose to help her) fell asleep, I was volunteered to help her make these lovely creations.

Side note: I was so excited that she wanted to make these, not because they were bright and colorful (okay, that might be part of it) but mainly because I was really craving deviled eggs the other day. 

They were actually super easy to make and only took maybe a total of 30 minutes.

What you need:
-Egg dye
-Cups
-Water
-Hard boiled eggs
-A medium sized bowl
-Salt
-Pepper
-Ground mustard
-Mayo

Obviously, you want to hard boil the eggs before you start any of this. So you may want to do that like the day before. Put the egg dye into the cups with some water and let the tablets do there thing. Then after hard boiling the eggs, cut them in half and take the middle of it and put it into a medium bowl and set aside. 

It should look like this. Next you're going to want to dye them. I put two halves in each cup and let them sit for like fiveish minutes. While the eggs are in the cup, put a piece of paper towel on the plate so the dye doesn't run onto the plate and get onto the other eggs. After a few minutes, take the eggs out and put them on the paper towel. Repeat this with all of the egg halves.

You want to put them face down so the middle of them dries. While they are drying you can do the middle part of the egg. I had never made deviled eggs before so my mom helped me a bit (I promise I'm not that helpless). I mashed the middle stuff together and after mashing that together I put 3/4 cup mayo and mixed it together. Then my mom put a pinch of salt and pepper in and a little bit of ground mustard as well. I mixed all of that together and then put it in a little baggy so I could pipe it into the middle of the eggs.
I think they turned out adorable and I think you could make them for any occasion, just change the colors of the dye. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter like I did!
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

No comments: