Image Map

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Keeping Up

For some reason lately I have just been feeling so discouraged when it comes to writing. I don't know what it is, but I haven't felt like I have had any good ideas or anything useful or fun to say. However, while I was sitting here trying to come up with something today a thought struck me. Why do I have to write to impress other people? Shouldn't I be writing just for myself? Isn't that the whole reason I started this little blog? I have been so worried about followers and gaining new ones and keeping old ones that I have lost track of why I really started this blog. I have found myself recently wishing that I had a BBFF and wondering how all of these amazing women have made so many wonderful friendships. And then I remembered that they are probably just writing for themselves and about what they think is important or fun.

I am starting to realize that not only in life but here on the little piece of the internet, that I need to just be myself and if someone doesn't like me for me then screw them. The people who are true friends will stick around with me and love me for who I am and not what I can do for them. I needed this little reality check for both aspects of my life because I just haven't been feeling myself lately and I really think it is due in part to trying to be someone I'm not. I am always trying to impress people by doing things I think they will like or being a certain way and I was starting to lose sight of who I really am. 

I'm sorry for such a boring post. Actually, no I'm not. This is who I am and how I'm feeling, which is why I started this post in the first place. If you're ever feeling like you are losing sight of yourself be it here on a blog or in real life or somewhere else in your life, don't worry, people will love you for you. I will be the first one to tell you that true friends will be there no matter what and the people who don't like you for being yourself don't matter. Or in the words of Dr. Seuss, "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." 
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

No comments: