Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Everything You Need to Know About Bloglovin

Or should I say everything I think I know that I think you should know about Bloglovin'

So we all know by now that Google is getting rid of Google Reader come July 1
Which will sort of put GFC out of business, so to say

And that is where Bloglovin' comes in to play
This dandy little site has been around for awhile, but I have just recently started to really use it
And I love it!
I regret ever rejecting it in the first place

And here is a step-by-step (done by me so there is probably some steps left out) on how to use it

First you will come to their home screen.
There you will click on the "Join Bloglovin" button that I have pointed out for you

Then you can either decide to sign up the old fashion way using your e-mail address
Or the new way, using Facebook

Once you have signed up you go over to your settings

Scroll down and click "Add Blog"

Then you need to go claim your blog

After that, go back to your settings because Bloglovin' has given us an awesome way to get all of our blogs we follow via GFC easily to one spot
Then scroll all the way down
Click "Import Blogs"

Select "Google Reader"

Select the e-mail that you use for your blog

Then "Accept"
This is just letting Bloglovin' access your Google Reader

It will then start importing all of the blogs you follow that have Bloglovin'

Your homepage should now look like this!
You will be able to scroll through and see all of the blogs you follow with their posts for the day
And when you click on one, Bloglovin' makes it lighter so that you can tell which ones you have read

Another awesome thing you can do with Bloglovin'?
Get the app straight to your iPhone!
Now you have all of your favorite blogs right at your finger tips!

So if you don't already, you should totally follow me on Bloglovin'!
post signature

2 comments:

Ginny Williams said...

Thank you! Though I already had BL, I didn't know how to import GFC people. It would be a shame to loose them after July 1st.

Ginny
www.buttergirldiaries.com

Anonymous said...

Bloglovin follower here = )
Great tutorial!
P.s. I would love for you to link up tomorrow for What I wore wednesday. You can check out my blog page for the really simple rules. Hope to see you there!