Image Map

Monday, March 26, 2012

Mushroom hunting and a little cousin

Actually make that two little cousins. Today my cousin had a baby girl! Welcome to the world Baby R! :)


Yesterday (Sunday) I had a pretty eventful day. It started off by helping my Aunt teach Sunday school. Then I went home to take a nap but realized I just was not that tired. So I called my cousin and she told me to come over because there was a bird trapped in her wood burning stove. Now let me tell you, I have never tried to catch a bird nor have I had to shoo one out of a house. I knew this was going to be interesting. As soon as I got there she says "operation bird is on". We went inside and she had told me her idea. We were going to tape a trash bag all around the door of the wood burner then open the door with the bag and the bird was going to fly into the bag and we would let it outside. Simple enough I thought. No. We tapped it but the one and only side I tapped I must have done wrong. As soon as we opened the door the bird flew right out of the bag. We both jumped back and screamed so loud my throat hurt the rest of the day. We seriously could have won $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos. While we were jumping away and screaming her dog, Oshie, ran after the bird. First the bird flew into the screen door (smart bird) but it was shut (stupid humans). Then it flew into the window and kept trying to fly out of it. So my cousin threw me Oshie and she went and got her trash can and was able to catch the bird that way and let it out. To say the least it was quite the adventure and we saved the birds life. Go us! :)


Later that day we had a family get together at my Aunt's house because my Uncle was in town from Texas. I got the seal of approval on the sauce I mentioned in an earlier post so that made me pretty happy. Then we decided to go mushroom hunting. This was a first for me and I rocked! I found two mushrooms and so did my Uncle but my Mom and other Uncle did not find any. Score! :) Basically all you do is walk around the woods after it has rained and been hot outside which I am assuming makes the mushrooms grow. They generally grow near dead trees.


 Molly and Blitz (the dogs) helped us too. :)

 ^^ That right there is what you are supposed to look for. My Uncle said it is easier in the middle of the day when the sun is shining. We went at sunset so maybe it was harder. I do not know, all I know is I found two. :)

Today I got to hang out with my little cousin for awhile. He just loves anything with a steering wheel and my Uncle has a polaris that he loves riding in. So we took a little journey around the yard in it today and he had a blast like always. He tries to steer himself and won't let anyone else touch the steering wheel. He also tries to turn the key so the whole thing shuts off (sneaky little guy).

 Wearing Grandpa's hat :)
 Looking at the cranes down the road.
 Having a blast! :)
Working outside with Grandpa and Daddy. :)

So that is how my past couple of days have gone. How have your's gone? I hope just as well as mine! :) I got together a smoothie recipe to make in morning so after I try it I will have  to let you know how it went! :)









No comments: