Image Map

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Shrimp Boil in Illinois

So this weekend my cousin who lives in Savannah came to visit us. He use to live here in Illinois but then got an awesome job in Georgia and has lived there for a few years. He's like an older brother to me so I was pretty excited that he came to visit for a few days. Him and his girlfriend drove up and before they left they stopped and got 20 lbs of fresh shrimp so that we could have a shrimp boil. They did it Saturday and Sunday but I was only there for Sunday's boil. And let me tell you, it was amazing. And spicy. Sooo so spicy. And according to him it was "the blandest he has ever had it". Wrong, my nose was running and my mouth is still on fire today.

After we got done eating and playing endless amounts of Nerts (seriously you should all learn this game) we headed out to the parade. The town we were in had their homecoming this weekend and their parade was Sunday evening followed by fireworks when it got dark. I was so stoked because this time I had Ethan with me which meant more candy for us. And let me tell you, this parade did not disappoint. I didn't get a picture of his bucket but it was overflowing with candy and gummies and little fish crackers and beads and all sorts of things. And the bag I brought was pretty full too. Granted, half the stuff in it was wrappers from me eating the candy as the parade went on, but whatev.
 
 This puppy was sooooo stinkin cute!
I just wanted to go cuddle with it the entire time!


 About five minutes after the parade was over this guy walked by
He fell a little behind...

The fireworks were amazing like always. They set them off in the field right next to my aunt and uncles house. Like they don't let anyone go down our road because it's so close to the field. But we get a front row seat right in our drive way every year. This has been going on since I can remember. It's so close that last year ashes fell into the pool. It was a great way to end the weekend.

post signature

No comments: