Image Map

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

So Much Softball

I feel like this past weekend was the first weekend where it was really way super hot. Obviously, since it was the first day of summer. And also obviously, because Nick had a softball tournament on Saturday. None of his tournaments have ever had decent weather. It's always either super cold, raining, or really hot. Oh, or snowing and icy because that's perfect softball playing weather.

So Thursday I went to my youngest sister's volleyball games where I watched them actually win. No offense to them, but I'm just use to watching them lose all of the time. So this was a nice surprise. And Amy is doing really well. She better be anyways, because she is a senior and needs to be a leader for that team just like I was, while I sat on the bench and kept stats. P.s. I lettered in almost every sport offered by my school like wrestling, softball, volleyball, and girls basketball. And all I had to do was sit and keep stats. I feel like that's the way to do it.

Then Friday, Nick was suppose to have two games at 8:30 and 9:30. So when the weather said it might rain, I secretly was hoping for that. Not that I don't enjoy watching him play, because I do, I just wanted to have a night at home. Which is what we got because the second we pulled up to the field, they canceled the rest of the nights games due to the field being extremely flooded from the little storm that came through. So we stopped at Bobby's and I got another volcano because ice cream, duh and then we went to Kohls because for some reason I just discovered the clearance section of every single section other than the clothes and shoes and now I'm obsessed. Even though I haven't bought anything. And then we went home and just relaxed because that next morning we had to be up at 6:30 in order to make it to his first game for the tournament. 
I just relaxed with some dirty puppy paws because giving this maniac a bath has become a serious chore that I hate doing.

Saturday turned into a super long day. They won their first two games and then lost their third, which put them into the losers bracket. So they had to fight their way back and ended up playing 7 games and made it to the championship. However, once the fifth inning of the first championship game rolled around, they had to call it because a major storm began to roll in. Since they were winning after five innings, they just called that game done which meant that both teams had lost only one game the entire day. So in order to decide who actually won the entire thing, they did a coin flip. Yeah, I know. But it's alright because Suit Up won the coin flip which means they won the entire thing. So it was worth sitting outside in the extreme heat from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. And I shouldn't be complaining because all I did was sit and watch. Nick and Suit Up actually had to play in it. I would have died after the first game. 
After sitting outside all day, I did not feel like going out so I just went home while Nick and our friends went out to eat. Which was fine with me because I just wanted to go home and snuggle with Luke. He had other ideas though because a bug got into the house so that entertained him for at least an hour.
Sunday was spent at work and then at my parents. That morning required coffee, water, and gummy bears/worms because since Luke was home by himself for over 12 hours he was not ready for bed. Which meant him and I got to wake up at 2:30 and stay up until like 4 and then we slept on the couch. Which was so comfortable with a 65 pound dog pushing his way in between you and the couch so he can get comfortable.
It was a long weekend. But I hate Mondays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so I would gladly go back to Friday and start all over.
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

No comments: