Image Map

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Get Free Magazines!

So the other day I was just browsing Pinterest like I do every day all day and I stumbled upon this pretty awesome website. It's called Recyclebank and it gives you points for pledging to do things with recycling. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't recycle and I know that I should do a hell of a lot more to keep our Earth clean, but this website is an awesome place if you are wanting to earn points for free or discounted things. I know I'm probably cheating the system, although I have learned a few things by taking their little one question quizzes (while earning 10 points). The cool thing is that this website gives you free magazine subscriptions for your points. I have already earned two free subscriptions to two different magazines and I'm on my way to a third and fourth one already. The best part is you don't have to put any credit card information in, which is always a nice feeling so you know they won't be secretly charging you for anything.

When you click this link, it will take you to their homepage where you can click get started. From there you will answer some questions about your recycling habits and fill in your e-mail and information like that.

After signing up, you are on your way to earning those points. It's super easy too. You can read articles, pledge to take different recycling actions, or enter codes from things you have already bought that are green.
They have these little one question quizzes you can take and regardless of if you get it right or not you earn 10 points just for answering. These are how I've learned some things about recycling. Like did you know that the average American produces four pounds of trash a day? Four pounds! I feel like that's a lot but when you look in my back seat I guess I can see where they get that fact...

After you have earned enough points you can head on over to the rewards section of the site. This is my favorite section (obviously). Like you can get a free year of Cosmo for around 350 points, which isn't hard to get at all. Here are some examples of magazines you can get for earning points.

It also shows you how much you have saved and shows you where you stand in comparison to other people. It's a pretty awesome site, even if you're just in it for the free stuff (kind of like me) but it has made me realize I need to start recycling more. We even have a recycle bin at our house, we just never use it. I guess it's time to start doing some of the stuff I have pledged to do.


**All of these were my opinions and Recyclebank did not ask me to write this. I just wanted to let you all in on this awesome way to get free magazines and such!
post signature

No comments: