Image Map

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Adult Work Weeks

I would like to know what genius came up with the idea of a 40 hour work week
Maybe someone who actually enjoyed getting up before the sun is even awake
Or maybe someone who thought they would rather spend their life at work instead of home
Whoever this person was ... I despise you
 
I am currently in the middle of my first ever adult work week
That's right people, I have never worked a full 40 hours in my life
Now I do go to school full time and I work 20 hours but this is totally different
This whole waking up before 7 am thing and being at work until the sun sets is stupid
I hate it
I am so tired and the week is only half way over
I'm not even thinking straight
(This will be me on Friday)
Hell I wasn't even thinking straight on Monday...
That's when I knew this was going to be a long week
Now don't get me wrong, it's not like my job is that hard
I mean I sit at a desk staring at a computer monitor for the whole day
But listen to me when I tell you that the Internet gets boring after about a half hour
So what am I supposed to do for 40 hours hmm?
In two days I will be on Christmas break and I cannot wait
10 glorious days off
But then it's back to work
And then it's back to class
And it's a never ending cycle
But seriously, who thought 40 hours a week was a good idea
I would like to speak to them
I know, I know, all I am doing is complaining
But I'm sure at least one other person on this planet agrees with me
(My job)
I never want to work full time in my life
Do you think I can start applying for rich house wife now?
Or should I wait?
Where do I apply for that anyways?
Do you think they have an application on the Internet?
I'm thinking that might be too much work too.
I may just be a stay at home single woman living with a million cats
Who knows where this life will lead me...
I know where it will lead my
Straight to the movie theater to see this!

post signature

2 comments:

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

I seriously have always wondered what idiot invented the 5 day 40 hour work week. Work monopolizes your life, you're there most of the day 5 out of 7 days a week. You only have a few hours to yourself at night before heading to bed early so you can wake up early and start the process all over again. *oy*

Super jealous of your 10 day vacay from work. We only get Christmas day off, so I took Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas off but I have to use vacation time for it.

Cassandra said...

I have SERIOUS issues with the whole 40 hr work week norm too. Its too much... and I'm fortunate to work at a job where I don't need to take work home. I can't IMAGINE bringing more home with me. Your pictures made me lol :)