Image Map

Friday, May 16, 2014

I tried to bake

I can't bake. Period. It just doesn't come as naturally to me as being awesome at so many other things does, like just being an awesome person, duh. So last night when I decided to make something for the work cookout today I should have stuck with cooking something or making a cold pasta salad, or just bringing chips. However, I was home alone and feeling creative so I decided hell why not, I'll bake something awesome. Cue Pinterest which makes me think I can do all things super creative and I haven't quite grasped the concept that these people making these things on there are like super humans or something. 

At first I was just going to go simple and make cupcakes but then standing in the aisle at the grocery store I decided to check Pinterest one more time. And stumbled across this recipe I had pinned a long time ago. So I bought my supplies and didn't buy the ones I thought at home and headed on my way.

When I got home I found out that I didn't have vegetable oil to make the brownies so Google came to the rescue just like it has before. I asked if I could substitute olive oil for vegetable oil and even though some people said not to do it, a majority said I could so that's what I did. The instructions for this concoction say to let the brownies cool and then continue making the balls of cookie/brownie goodness and because I decided to make this at 10:00 at night, when they came out of the oven I decided to just let them cool over night and continue on the next morning.

When I woke up this morning though the brownies were hard as a rock, so that was the second fail. But I thought maybe I could just try really hard to cut them and somehow make it work. But then I started to read the rest of the instructions, something I probably should have done before deciding to make these, and it called for a mixer, which I don't have. Discouraged, I just decided to give up and I'm going to be that person at the cookout today who didn't bring anything. I'm a student worker and broke so they should understand. Hopefully. I probably won't get to eat or something. Joking, but really. 

And because what kind of post would this be without a picture of Luke, here is one from this morning. I hate when he gives me this look because it just kills me to go to work. But he should understand that I have to go to work and make money if he wants to continue being the spoiled baby he is. 
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

No comments: