Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2014

No School or Work

August 6 was my last day of classes. Ever. Well not ever, because obviously a BS isn't enough anymore and a Masters degree is pretty much necessary to get ahead in any field these days. But for now, it was my last day of class. Which meant that August 7 was my last day of work because to work on campus you have to be in at least 2 classes. So from August 7 until August 21 I was unemployed and out of classes. Which also meant that I was going crazy. I'm not use to having absolutely nothing to do and no schedule to go by. It was kind of nice but if I had known that I would find a job in two weeks, I think I would have been able to relax just a little more. That's not to say that I didn't sit around and do nothing a few times or take advantage of having nothing to do to spend time with the people I care about the most, but at times it was kind of boring. And I think Luke is getting sick of me. 

Thankfully I was able to get hired on as a server at Texas Roadhouse. It's going to be a change because I've never served before but I think I'll like it because I really like working with the public. Weird, I know. And it helps that Carrie works there so I'll know her and her friends. We worked at McDonalds together for awhile so working together won't be a problem. I'm actually looking forward to it. Who knows how she feels about it.

Anyway, here is what I've been up to while I've been unemployed/out of class.

Family from Cali and Ohio came into town the day after I was done for class for the weekend and it was so nice to see all of them. In case you were wondering, this isn't even close to half of us so there's that. I love my family so much.
Luke and I have been spending lots of time snuggling together. Well I've been spending lots of time trying to get him to snuggle. He's been spending lots of time trying to get me to play rope.
This was my Mom's party, that I wrote about here. I'm so glad it went off without a hitch and that everyone had so much fun. Also, yes I just said "went off without a hitch". Who says that?
I got a new baby cousin too! Number 60 in our family! He's adorable, I know.
I saw both ends of a rainbow in the field next to my Grandma and Aunt's house. When does that ever happen? Never, that's when.
We took Ethan to the zoo for his birthday. I figured why get a kid who has everything even more stuff. He loves the zoo and so do I so it was the perfect birthday present. And our favorite part of the zoo is petting the stingrays so we may have spent an excessive amount of time doing that.
But then he had a superhero birthday party where his mom made everyone superhero masks. I've never been into the whole superhero thing but it was fun to watch Ethan and his friends have so much fun with it all. We even got Reese to wear a mask. I think I'm wearing a Thor mask, I'm not quite sure.
Luke loves digging on the bed or in the car or on the couch. But he's never dug in actual mud. Until the other night. And brother loved it. Seriously, I didn't think we were ever going to get him to stop. He was trying to bury the bat. So you can imagine how big he was trying to make the holes.
We also spent a whole lot of time doing this. Which means we both have gained (okay, maybe just me) a whole lot of extra weight. So if anyone has any advice for one of the laziest people in the entire world on how to get working out and losing weight, let me know.
And finally, why do these have to be seasonal?!? Whyyyyy!?! They're amazing. I loved the strawberry ones, then hated them after a while. Then loved the mango, then hated them. Then loved the raspberry ones, and I still do. But these babies are the shiz. Seriously. I'm going to have to stock up on them. Listen to me go on and on about these like I drink all the time or something. This is the first thing I've drank in over 2 months. So cool.
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

No comments: