Image Map

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I've Become a Chef

The whole "I want to cook all the things" is starting to come out in me. It's starting small though. And by small I mean pancakes from the little shaker thing small. And then it turned into omelets with things other than just cheese in them. And salads. And pasta. Like I said, small. Nick and I have also decided we are going to start eating better since we were eating fast food or going out to eat at least once a day. I'm not joking, it was seriously all.the.time. So we went to the good ol' supermarket of Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of healthy food, along with some snacks for Nick because he went shopping hungry. Men, I tell ya. 

Anyway, continuing on with the "small" pattern of cooking, tonight I made grilled cheese. I don't think I've ever actually made grilled cheese on my own. For the longest time I didn't even like grilled cheese. But I wanted to do something with my avocado other than eat it with a fork, which is what I did with one half anyways. So I decided to put it in my grilled cheese. And this is what I got.

*I would like to note that I am obviously a professional food photographer. You'll be able to tell by looking at the pictures I took.

All I did (and I'm posting this incase there is anyone else out there like me who had to google how to make grilled cheese) was this:

-Got two pieces of whole wheat bread, a half of an avocado, two slices of cheese (I like cheese, okay?), and some slices of turkey
-Butter one side of each piece of bread
-Heat the skillet to medium heat
-Put one piece of bread butter side down
-Put on your turkey, cheese, avocado slices, cheese, and the other slice of bread butter side up. You obviously don't have to put it all in that order but I would for best flavor because I'm the chef in this post
-The sandwich was ready to be flipped after about fish minutes to the other side, or right after I had layered everything on top of it
-I cooked the other side for another 2ish minutes and BAM

Baby steps but I like to think I'm on my way to becoming the best chef around. Or at least in this house. And since the only other people in this house are Nick and Luke (yes, I consider him a people) it isn't really that hard. But I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt, okay?
 photo signiature_zps56ce7144.png

No comments: