Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

My First 7 Day Work Week in Four Years...

Hi. It's Monday. And I had to work at 8 am. And I got a new job. So I've worked every day for the past week. I'm not use to that. I usually work 3 days out of the 7 days a week. Soo umm... yeah. This weekend was also the first time I have worked on a weekend in 4 years. The good thing about it? I really like this new job so far. It's at a place called Pottery Hollow where you go in to paint a piece (or 3) of pottery and we fire it for you and it looks all pretty and awesome and you should totally come in and see me to paint one. You can do things like:
 via

And you can check out my Pinterest board as well. We do birthday parties which are awesome. I mean what other business gives you a cookie cake for your birthday? We also have ladies nights on Friday nights, which means you can bring food and any drink wine with you and paint some pretty wicked things with your friends. There are also a lot of other cool things we do that you can check out by going to our website.

And my weekend went a little like...
Friday I went to the horse races with Nick and Rachel. I lost five dollars. Nick lost more. Rachel didn't bet. So we quit after 6 races because Nick and I were sick of losing....

Saturday I worked (remember, first time in four years?) and then that night Nick and I went out with some friends to this place called Sybergs. They are famous because they sell shark that you can eat. Now I will admit, I tried it, against my own will. Sharks are my favorite animal, I know it's a weird favorite animal, and when I see how they are killed and the reasons that they are killed I refuse to eat them. But I tried it because our friends pressured me into it, ha, and because they said if I didn't try it just once that they would get five orders every time they go there. And I know that these sharks that I'm eating are probably farm raised and not being killed in the awful way that over 73 million sharks are killed each year, but I just can't bring myself to actually make a meal out of it. Anyways, the sell this drink called the Shark Bite and that is something I will drink. It's got blueberry vodka, redbull and grenadine in it. The grenadine is actually in the shark when you first get it and you pour it into your drink and it gives the illusion of the water turning bloody red. Original, I know. 

Sunday was spent working and then working on my mom's birthday present. I can't wait to show you all what my sisters and I did for her, but it will be awhile until I get to show you.

post signature

No comments: