Image Map

Thursday, December 20, 2012

26 Acts of Kindness

So ever since Friday my heart has been a little heavier than usual
I went to bed the night before so excited that I wouldn't have to set an alarm to wake up
I told myself that no matter how many times my phone buzzed, I was not going to wake up for it
So that morning my phone buzzed a few times like it always does in the morning but I ignored it
*Side note: I get all the breaking news updates sent to my phone from USA Today
So at one point when my phone buzzed I decided to look at it
It wasn't a text message, or a Facebook post, or a tweet
It was the USA Today update telling me that there had been a school shooting in Conn.

I'm not from Conn. nor do I know anyone from there
But as soon as I saw that on my screen I couldn't go back to sleep
I just layed in bed with a heavy heart and a feeling it wasn't good
As the day went on and more details started to come out I got more sick to my stomach

As a future teacher it made me wonder what I would have done
How I would have reacted
Now I don't have children, but I have two nephews and a niece and I have a lot of little cousins
So to think that this could have been one of them scares me
And I hurt for those families and those friends who lost their children and their friends and their wives or mothers or aunts or sisters
I have not stopped praying since that morning

As the week has gone on I have wondered to myself "how can I help"
What can I do
Then I found this Facebook page and I knew that was it
I am going to do 26 Acts of Kindness in memory of those sweet children and those brave faculty members from Sandy Hook Elementary School
I know this doesn't directly help the families that are suffering but I am hoping by doing this that I will help to show people that there is still good in this world
I hope this will brighten someones day and maybe make them smile a little more
And I hope it will make them stop and think about those innocent lives that were lost that day and maybe send a prayer up to the Big Man asking for a hand of blessing over those directly affected by this horrible tragedy
Photobucket
This is the little list I am using and attaching to every act I do
You can either save it from here or download it from here
 
I have decided to make this a link-up because I would love to see what you all do!
I think it would be a great way for us bloggers to show people that there really are good hearted people out in this world still. 
I will be posting my 26 Acts of Kindness post on December 27
So if you would like to link-up please do so on that day!





post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a great idea!

I think alot of us feel the way you do, we just feel the pull to help but we don't know how, so thank you for sharing this, I will be taking part:):)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea Becca <3

Shushkat

Unknown said...

Dear Becca, I'm a new GFC follower. This list will be a therapeutic act for you. Giving to others helps in so many ways. I'm a huge advocate for giving. I do make a difference Monday posts. That's when I highlight ways to help and the benefits. Esther Norine Designs